How to register my russian visa?
After acquiring a visa to Russia, any foreigner arriving in the territory of the Russian Federation must inform the Federal Migration Service by registering his or her visa to Russia.
- Your stay in Russia does not exceed 7 working days? No need to register!
- If your stay is more than 7 working days, the registration of your visa is recommended. Any breach of the laws in force in the territory of Russian Federation will ensue sanctions from Russia. Obligation to pay a fine to the police or passport control officers that could cause complications at departure of your flight.
Important information concerning the registration of your visa to Russia according to your accommodation
- Hotel: The manager of hotel administration will handle your registration by making a photocopy of your passport and your migration card filled out while on the plane or at the customs. Your visa will be registered free of charge. (sometimes for a fee depending on hotel).
- Renting an apartment or staying with private individuals: The individual has to accompany you to a post office to fill out the registration form, bringing along his or her passport while you have to present a passport as well as the migration card that was filled out on the plane or at the customs. (costs around 15EUR).
- Companies: When accommodating or hiring a foreigner, companies must fill out a special visa registration form at the Territorial Office of FMS. The formalities must be carried out within 24 hours after the arrival of the person. It is necessary to present a passport as well as the migration card filled out on the plane or at the customs.