The new opportunity is officially confirmed! The government of Russia has authorized the issue of electronic visas to visit Saint Petersburg
Starting October 1, 2019 it is possible to obtain an electronic Russian visa to visit Saint Petersburg.
What is an electronic visa to Russia?
This type of visa is issued online by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation. Now there is no need to stamp passport, get a voucher and reserve a room in a hotel. An electronic visa to Saint Petersburg is issued in paper form.
This type of visa cannot be requested upon arrival to Russia. You must have it issued when you go to Saint Petersburg.
* An electronic visa to Saint Petersburg allows escaping the tiresome procedure of processing visa to Russia.
* This type of visa can be issued for the citizens of all countries within the European Union including France, Belgium, Switzerland, but not for the citizens of Great Britain.
* This electronic visa allows spending in Saint Petersburg 8 days (7 nights); it is valid within 30 days from the date of issue.
* This type of visa is valid only within the territory of Saint Petersburg and the Leningrad Region. So you cannot use it to go from Saint Petersburg to Moscow, for example. An electronic visa cannot be used in other regions of Russia. Therefore it is forbidden to leave the boundaries of Saint Petersburg and the region having this type of visa.
* It is referred to a single-entry tourist or business electronic visa.
* Processing this type of visa takes 4 days (to be on the safe side keep in view 5 days). You can submit a visa application form not earlier than 20 days and not later than 5 days before the departure date.
* The consular fee for issuing an electronic visa to Saint Petersburg is not collected, it is free.
* An electronic visa allows you to arrive to Saint Petersburg by plane, by car, by cruise liner, but not by train.
* Entry into the country is performed via the following border crossing points: Pulkovo airport in Saint Petersburg, automobile border inspection post in Ivangorod, automobile border inspection post in Brusnichnoe, automobile border inspection post in Svetogorsk, automobile border inspection post in Torfyanovsk, foot border crossing point in Ivangorod, Vysotsk port, marine terminal in Saint Petersburg, passenger port of Saint Petersburg.